Sunday 31 March 2013

Peach cream crumble

I know this blog is becoming something of a recipe book, but I cannot deprive my readers of the mouth-watering treats that my flatmates and me enjoy. So here is yet another, it's just come out of the oven, and smells amazing. Try it with ice cream...


Ingredients:
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 2 tablespoons flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup sour cream or greek yoghurt
  • 1 beaten egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
  • 2 cups sliced peaches
Butter Crumb Topping:
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1/3 cup flour (I used whole-wheat)
  • 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Combine 3/4 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, and salt; beat in sour cream, the beaten egg, and vanilla. Add sliced peaches. Pour mixture into pie pan. Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°F (175°C) and bake 15 minutes longer. Remove from oven then increase heat to 400°F.
Combine topping ingredients, mix with a knife, then use your hands to mix them until crumbly; sprinkle over pie. Continue to bake pie at 400°F for 10 minutes longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment!