Friday 1 November 2013

Heart of Time

Writing is addictive. Especially writing during "Nanowrimo"(i.e. the National Novel Writing Month). The goal is simple: Finishing a 50,000 word novel within a single month. If you have been following this blog for a while, you'll know that I successfully took part in Camp Nano this July, even managing 10k more than planned. However, I never actually got to the end of my novel, which is why I am taking part in Nanowrimo again this November. Another 50k should do the job, unless my characters suddenly decide to do more unplanned excursions to foreign horizons. Somehow, I totally get the idea behind Cornelia Funke's Inkheart, where book characters literally leap from the pages they were created on and develop a life on their own. Mine do just the same. All the time.

A fellow Nanowrimo participant made this amazing cover for me - check out her tumblr page
At the top of the right sidebar you will be able to track my progress throughout the month. Thanks to a large donation of German gingerbread, I already managed to write 2k on the first day of Nanowrimo. Let's keep the chocolate, gingerbread and dried mango coming!

PS. If you want to have a sneak peak at the novel so far, comment or contact me and I'll send you the manuscript so far.
PPS. It's not too late to take part yourself - it's not about winning - taking part is what matters!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment!