Sunday 4 October 2015

A weekend in the Cairngorms - Day 1

I decided to leave the city for the weekend after my birthday and escape to the highlands. I spent two amazing days in the Cairngorms - taking the train up to Aviemore and staying at Cairngorm Lodge youth hostel.

From Aviemore train station, I walked to Lynwilg (using part of the new Speyside Way extension) before climbing Geal-charn Mor (824m) - the Big White Hill - a short but beautiful hike. Hundreds of young pheasants watched my every move, as did some very curious sheep. 


I had never seen a sign like that before: 


Spot the pheasants!


 I can never get enough of heather:


The mountain is getting rougher:



The views are getting better by the minute:


I've made it!


Someone seems a little confused by my outburst:


 One last time...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment!